Monday, April 16, 2007

The Best Things in Life Are Free (and wooden kitchen utensils are incredibly cheap)

Perhaps I’m too easily excited but I need to share my unfounded excitement.
This Sunday I was on Kalenic market looking to replace a wooden spatula which I accidentally dropped behind the stove while cooking and was both too lazy to reach for and too squeamish to reuse.

I came across a shop which sells wooden ladles along with other products made of wood, and as I was thinking whether or not to buy one, because it’s not really what I was looking for, I remembered to ask for the price. Ten dinars, the saleswoman said, to my absolute surprise.

In fact, it appears all items in the small shop were equally cheap because when I handed the lady a fifty dinar note, she looked at me with dismay as if saying: what am I to do with all that money?

It was quite pleasing to realize you can actually buy something so cheap, I thought as I walked away with my new wooden ladle in hand.
I wonder, what else can one get for 10 dinars?

No comments: