Monday, April 02, 2007

April Idiots

Yesterday was the first truly gorgeous Sunday this year, and as I was sitting lizard-like with friends on some steps next to the National Library soaking in the sunlight and enjoying myself immensely I received a phone call from a distressed friend who told me that Britney Spears had committed suicide. It was in the news on MTV Adria. When I got home I turned on the news channels to see what happened, and after some time realized that it was an April fools joke. It took me a while to figure it out as it’s beyond my comprehension how anyone can joke about such things especially in regards to a person with psychological problems. It’s morbid and in terribly bad taste. Maybe they thought nobody is watching this channel anyway so why not attract some attention. Well, I hope somebody presses charges.

No comments: